Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fresh From the Flame

Blue, Aqua, Green and rings, rings, rings and roses - I finally got the new sizes of ring mandrels in. Yay! It took 2 weeks to get them from ArrowSprings. They took a whole week to just process the order. With no explanation why it took so long **sigh**
Annnywaaay - I've had so many requests for rings I picked a few colors and filled the mandrels. Sizes range from 4 1/2 to 10. The rings you see above still need to be polished on the inside to remove the haziness you see on the inside. All of these rings have a cubic zirconia in the center. I wish I could capture the sparkle.

You can see the sparkle for yourself at the Arts Market of New Orleans in Palmer Park on the corner of S Carrollton and S Claiborne. The market is scheduled for this Saturday, March 28, 10am to 4pm. Please watch for updates though because the forecast is for storms and the market might be rescheduled to Sunday if that is the case.

Now I gotta go polish those rings and...
Flame On!

3 comments:

Amber Leilani said...

oooh... pretty!!!

if it turns to be sunday, let me know.
i never get to stop by on saturday!

WillowWalker said...

Very pretty! I just discovered that an amazing percentage of my dichroic glass photos well at night under our studio florescent lights. (gasp!) Really seems to bring out the sparkle & glow. Most colors are staying true.

DebiDeaux Designs said...

Amber, I'll be sending out an email newsletter as soon as I get the official word. I'll be sure you are included.

Willow, I usually take my photos outdoors in sunshine on my glass patio table and mostly it comes out quite nice, but today we had no sunshine. I've tried all kinds of different lighting and locations. I even splurged on a portable photo studio but I don't think I've ever tried florescents. I just put new "bright, daylight" florescents in my studio overhead lights. I'll try that next. Thanks for the advice.