Saturday, August 09, 2008

Fresh From the Flames

From Fresh From th...
It's been a while since I've posted a FFF. It's not that I haven't been torching. It's just that I haven't had anything real inspiring to post. Till now!
I love these rings. I worked extra hard with the polisher to clean up the bead release and as a result these two are the best so far.
The upper left came out darker than I'd planned but still looks impressive. I modeled it after the "flower berry" pendants I made last fall, with the rows of colors overlapping the row before it. But since it came out so dark a lot of the detail is lost.
Upper left is a clear base with pea green topped with pale rose gold domed with more clear and surrounded with raised dots of plum silver. This one is my favorite so if you want it you might hafta pry it off my finger. LOL
And now we come to the saga of the Goddesses! If you've been reading my blog for while you know that I've been trying for a while now to plump up my Goddesses and they keep refusing to be plump. Well I found a tutorial from a great glass sculptor, Teresa Laliberte. You can find her tutorial on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5146440
I followed her tut mostly except I used Raku frit, rose gold for the nipples and instead of wrapping the silver wire around her body I wound the silver in a spiral and laid it on her belly. I won't be selling this Goddess since She is not truly my own design. But I will be using what I learned here to incorporate in my own Goddesses.
My next market is The Arts Market of New Orleans, Saturday, August 30, 2008, 10 am to 4 pm, Palmer Park, S. Carrollton and S. Claiborne Aves Uptown. Till later- Flame On!

No comments: