Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Fresh From the Flames

From Fresh From th...
Click on the image to be taken to a larger version of it at my Picasa album.
Upper left is my Copper Green Fairy Goddess. She came out quite loverly with her pale lavender and rose gold wings. You'll notice she has the rounder bottom I've been aiming for recently. She also has a head but no arms. I originally wanted her to have arms raised in the "Exalted Prayer" position but when I started to add them I found she was getting away from me. I guess she just wanted to pray with her wings. Hhhmmm.
Upper center is an amethyst ring with a clear bubble over poked Terra. The Terra glass turned pale shades of green.
Upper right are a couple of booboos that should not be in the photo.
Center right is Holstein the Turtle. Holstein like the cows - get it? Hehhehheh. He's cute.
Lower right are 2 Nebula beads from the tutorial in the ISGB's magazine. The lower, smaller one was made just as the tut outlined and the upper one was encased in clear before the final ends were added. I just couldn't keep the pitting out of the center no matter how much I preheated my marver.
Lower center was a group of beads I made when I sat at the torch and didn't know what I wanted to do. I usually sit down with at least an outline of a plan. Something that's been on my mind for a while, or something I saw during the day that inspired me. But this day I just wanted to do something mindless. So I picked 2 colors - pale emerald and medium amethyst and just did it. The two booboos in the upper right were part of this session. The long thin one was going to be a bi-color Goddess. I still have one of those in my head so look for one soon.
Look for me at
The Arts Market of New Orleans, this Saturday, July 26, 2008, 10 am to 4 pm, Palmer Park, S. Carrollton and S. Claiborne Aves Uptown. I hope to see ya there. Till then - Flame On!

No comments: