Sunday, October 21, 2012

Layering Dots


I find myself revisiting techniques and styles from a few years ago. This time it is layered dots. For this bead I made a small barrel with copper green. I started at the top, the left in this photo and laid down 5 opaque white dots evenly spaced around near the end. I melted the white dots just about half way to flat. I topped the white dot with transparent rose gold. I then melted the whole dot flat. Then I added another white dot centered between and slightly below the center of the first row of dots. Top with rose gold. Melt flat. Repeat till almost to the bottom, the right in this photo. For the last two rows of dots I topped the white dots with transparent pale emerald. I then rounded out my ends and popped it in the kiln for annealing.

This bead will be listed in my Etsy shop later this week.

Even later this week you will have a chance to see this bead and many more.

Saturday, Oct 27, 2012
11am to 4pm
Fall Art Market 
front parking lot
2924 Jackson Street
Alexandria, La 71301

Weather permitting, we will have several tents set up with local artists, including Wendy Starn's Splendiferous Fiber, Heather Griffin's PMC jewelry, Shelley Mallone's "Miche" bags and of course, DebiDeaux Designs glass beads. Paula MacDowell will also be there to demonstrate Precious Metal Clay. 

Hope to see you there. Till later - Flame On!

No comments: