Friday, February 19, 2010

Return to NOCGI & Arts Market

Tonight I will be assisting Paulette Lizano of Lizano's Glass Haus in a "Fused Glass Components" class at NOCGI (New Orleans Creative Glass Institute). There's still room in the class and it is a precursor to the really exciting "Intro to Slumping & Fusing" class in which we will be learning Plate Making to Kiln Carving. And this is just the beginning of these slumping and fusing glass classes.

On March 20 I will be teaching a Beginner's Glass Bead Workshop at NOCGI. I seem to have a few students that have already taken my beginner's class that are interested in continuing with where that class stopped. If I get enough of these students we can make this class an intermediate or even focus on one particular style of bead. Don't forget, we only need 3 students to put the class together.

If you are interested in any of these classes you can contact Jenny Knox at 504.482.6003 or jenny@nocgi.org . You can check out the NOCGI website for more info. Or contact me and I will send you more info.

Yay, I did it! I bought a new tent for the markets. In case you didn't notice - my tent was already getting old and tattered and then this winter I put it up in the back yard to try and protect some of my tropical plants. One night Ol' Man Winter picked that tent up and tossed it into three different neighbors' yards.

I like to take January off anyway so it was no big thing to skip last month's market. I paid a visit to the Arts Market of New Orleans in Palmer Park last month and was sure glad I took it off. Sooo cold. Bbbrrr.

I did not however take January off from the torch. I have lots of new pieces to offer. The cold weather had me thinking of balmy breezes and beaches so my Tree of Life series evolved to a palm tree on a beach. I've made day and night versions. So much fun! My hollow bead lamp/fan pulls have gotten a bit fancier too. I've added a few dots and squiggles to some old colors to add more interest. And of course there's always lots of small "beads for making a bead's" sake. Some old designs revisited and some new designs.

Be sure to come and see me at the Arts Market of New Orleans in Palmer Park, corner of S Carrollton & S Claiborne, next week on Saturday, February 27, 10am to 4pm.

Till later - Flame On!

No comments: