Saturday, December 26, 2009

Happy Yule & Blessed New Year to All!

It just occured to me that I no longer have deadlines to meet or orders to fill. It's like having a clean slate for the New Year! Woohoo! (oh, I guess that's not totally true. I do have a couple of orders but nothing truly pressing)

And even better is that I've got lots of new (to me) glass to play and experiment with. Yeehaw!

I've got all those Messy Color bundles from Frantz Art Glass. (*see note at bottom) They gave out some mighty fine looking colors with those freebies. I'll hafta admit, I really wasn't expecting much. Now looking at them gets me excited to get back to the torch and try them out. Jeesum petesoids, they've got dust on 'em already.

Many years ago, not long after I was first addicted to fire and glass, I bought an assortment pack of Check glass from Jan Burrows. I made several test beads and then moved back to my Effetre because I had lots more of it and was already familiar with it. I always meant to get back to it. Many times I've wanted to use some of those colors but it is not compatible with other glasses so it's just sat there for all these years. Check glass colors have a wonderful lumnescent quality to them. Now that I am a more experienced beadmaker, this should be some great beads.

I've also got a small assortment of Boro glass, that I'm ashamed to say, have never ever seen the heat of the torch. I've never made a single bead with Boro.

All this to say that today I am making a commitment to myself to put these glasses back in the forefront and start playing with them. Yay for new glass, fun colors and time to play with them.

I'll post some pics when I've got a few to show and tell.

Till later - Flame On!

*Frantz Art Glass' sale - All this month they are giving away free Messy show bundles till they last. The size of each bundle is different depending on the expense of the color. e.g. cranberry and evil queen bundles are only 2 rods, plum and tamarind have 6 rods. It's wonderful way to give a try to a glass that I otherwise would not have bought.

No comments: