Saturday, August 22, 2009

Fresh From the Flames

I sat down to the torch fully intending to make cats and dogs for the fall and holiday demands. Next thing I know I'm playing with frit again. I started out with the heart on the bottom (click on the image to get a closer look). It is a dark ivory base covered with silver foil and then with Double Helix Triton frit and encased in Precision Diamond Clear and popped in a couple of pieces of dichro just for fun.

Next came the 5 lentil beads in pale lavender with the same DH Triton frit on the first layer, then reduced to bring out the color and encased in more pale lavender. Then, and only because it was already made and sitting near to hand and I'd seen someone else use it earlier in the day, I popped a little band of silvered ivory around the center and swirled it before pressing.

I followed these with some spacers in pale lavender rolled in the same frit. But because I didn't encase them after the effect is completely different. So I made several more spacers without the frit but with the silvered ivory.

After all this, I've decided I'm not really that excited about the Triton frit with the pale lavender effetre, neither encased nor left open. However, I'm thinking I might etch these. I'll post another pic if I do.

Please come to see me and my new shiny baubles at the Arts Market of New Orleans in Palmer Park on the corner of S Carrollton and S Claiborne on next Saturday, August 29 from 10am to 4pm.

No comments: