Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fresh From the Flames

I've been playing with layering colors. The 3 chiclet shape beads on the far left were the starters. The larger dark green is sky blue encased with dark emerald. Nice but not special enough to merit the work involved in the encasing. Oh, the stripe is silvered ivory. Just above the dark emerald is a smaller bead with the same sky blue encased with light grass green. Again, the color is nice but not special enough for the work involved in encasing.
Just above these beads is the test bead that led to the main beads in the group. It is the same sky blue encased with pale emerald this time. It's a wonderful pale mint green.
To the right of those test beads are some spacer beads also playing with colors. The dotted beads are the same sky blue with cobalt dots. The purple are light amethyst over dark pink. I used that same light amethyst over dark pink for the 3 ruffled beads in the center. And next to those are sky blue and pale emerald ruffle beads.
Now for the "main attraction" - take all these ingredients and come up with sky blue encased with pale emerald with flowers of the dark pink encased with medium amethyst with sky blue and cobalt centers. I've decided I'm going to etch them. These pale colors look very luminous after etching. I'm already envisioning these as a bracelet.

Just a little note here - when I say the color is not special enough, I mean that I can acheive this look easily without the extra steps of encasing.

My next show is the Arts Market of New Orleans in Palmer Park on the corner of S Carrollton and S Claiborne on Saturday, August 29 from 10am to 4pm.

Till then - Flame On!

No comments: