Friday, November 28, 2008

Beads are like crack...

I recently found this in one of my saved files (I don't where it comes from) ...

Warning!

Beads are like crack:

The first bead is free.

Beading is almost instantly addictive.

Beads come in little baggies and little vials.

Eventually you have to start selling beads so you can afford to support your habit.


I think this warning is too late for me but perhaps it can still save you. Then again, if you're reading this... ah hah hah hah hah!

For Bead Addict Support - C'mon down and see me at the Arts Market of New Orleans, Sunday, November 30 in Palmer Park corner of S. Carrollton and S. Claiborne from 10am to 4pm .

Flame On!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, that came from my website, in my 'about the artist page'. I figured that I've said it often enough to people that I should actually write it down somewhere. I'm glad you liked it enough to save it. It's completely true, too. Hello, fellow bead addict. How many baggies and vials of beads do YOU have?

Margaret 'Maggs' Kailhofer
Maggs Creations
Madison, WI

DebiDeaux Designs said...

Maggs! How wonderful! I think it was sent to me as an email "fwd, fwd, fwd". I'm so glad to learn the origination. I will re-post the blog soon and I'll be sure you get credit for it and a link to your site.
As for how many? I don't even count them for tax time anymore. I do worry now I've started coming back from bead shows with duplicates. But strangely I never try to return them. LOL
I think we need a new adage like the one the guys have - how about:
"She who dies with the most beads, wins!"