Sunday, October 04, 2009

Fresh From the Flames

Have a Heart! and a Hat!

from clockwise from left:
bright green heart with dark amethyst wings,
black hat with amethyst flowers,
dark amethyst heart with bright green wings,
ivory heart with rose and cobalt blue wings,
ivory heart with rose.

I absolutely love the winged hearts. If you have a favorite color combination you'd like to see please let me know. I am going to etch the green and dark amethyst hearts. I might cover the wings to leave those shiny but haven't decided yet. Probably will.

I noticed on my screen that the ivory heart with cobalt wings looks lighter than it truly is. Those wings are a deep dark transparent cobalt blue.

You can see these and more at the Holy Name of Mary Fall Festival next weekend - Saturday, October 10 and Sunday, October 11 - starting at noon both days. While they are celebrating the 99th Fall Festival this year, this is the first festival that is not a school festival. So please come out and help to make it a success. We will have several artists, lots of great local food, wonderful local bands and lots more.

And giving me a chance to spend 2 weekends close to home this fall, I will take part in the ArtinA (Art in Algiers) art sale during the Algiers Point Association's Algiers Point Home Tour. I'll list more info for that soon...

Till later - Flame On!

No comments: