Thursday, May 15, 2008

Fresh From the Flames

From Fresh From th...
I'm still stuck on hearts and flowers. Now I'm adding ruffles and encasing dichroics. The large bead in center right was made in my class a few weeks ago for demonstration purposes. I usually give my demo beads to my students but when no one asked for it, I really took a liking to it and am thinking of stringin it up to the fan in my studio. This bead has 3 layers of encasing. The first layer is the core and green frit. The next is over the vine cane and the last is dichro chips, millifiore, and rose canes. The yellow bead was just a color and encasing experiment.
The flower beads on the center left were also an experiment. Both have small imperfections and the lower one lost a petal while cleaning it. The ruffles are something I've done lots of but for some reason I seem to be having trouble getting them right.
NOCGI has a glass demo tomorrow night. Aedh Carrick will be demonstrating hot sculpting techniques in glass Friday, May 16 6:30pm till 8:30pm.
Till later - Flame On!

No comments: